Sector: People and Strategy
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): PBC
Salary Range: $64465.23 to $80581.54
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
This position reports to the Linguistic Services team in our Office of the SVP, People and Strategy sector.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will revise texts translated by service providers and occasionally by in-house translators. You will help with the translation of various texts from English to French, and you will copy edit and proofread various texts in English or in French, as required.
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in translation or in a related field such as linguistics.
• Professional certification or membership would be an asset.
• Minimum of five years of revision and translation experience in a similar professional environment.
• Strong knowledge of translation and terminology management tools (FlowFit and Trados/GroupShare).
• Excellent subject matter research ability to ensure the message is consistent in both languages.
• Ability to plan own workload and understand how the Revisor/Translator role impacts the overall project schedule.
• Ability to adapt language and style to various types of documents (speeches, financial reports, social media, marketing, Web).
• Ability to accept assignments in various areas.
• Strong project management and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle several projects at the same time.
• Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Good interpersonal skills (tact and diplomacy).
• Versatility, sound judgment and demonstrated analytical skills.
• Superior ability to communicate effectively in both official languages (orally and in writing).
• Knowledge of CMHC’s business activities and concepts (finance, economics and/or statistics).
Additional Assets (if applicable)
• A degree and/or specialized knowledge in a field related to the Corporation's lines of business would be an asset.
What you will be doing
• Perform quality control on texts translated by service providers and occasionally by in-house translators, revise, copy edit or return for improvements as required.
• Contribute to the enrichment of the central terminology base by recording the results of terminological research.
• Participate in the training of employees, when necessary.
• Ensure the processed materials are aligned with the expectations of the intended audience(s), following the principles of clear and effective communications.
• Maintain ongoing, trust-based relationships with internal customers.
• Help colleagues with their tasks and workload when available.
• Share expertise and knowledge, and respond to requests for information or assistance from internal and external sources.
• Manage assigned translation, revision, copy editing, writing, proofreading and other projects.
• Provide quality client service and return projects within agreed deadlines.
• Produce work in compliance with established qualitative standards.
• Provide linguistic support services, including but not limited to consultations with internal clients on the use of the English or French language.
• Organize work in such a way as to manage conflicting priorities.
• Provide writing and copy editing services to internal clients as required.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: Note, the competition may remain active until filled.
Job Requisition ID: 5112
Office Location: Calgary (AB); Halifax (NS); Montreal (QC); Ottawa (ON); Toronto (ON); Vancouver (BC)
Security Requirement: Secret
Travel Requirement: Occasional
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada’s official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
- CAD Month
- Address 1111 West Georgia Street Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Image Gallery