About VoPay International Inc:
At VoPay we believe in building payments as a service layer that through a single API enables and empowers any person or business to transact with each other regardless of their technical capability, location, or how they transact. We have one goal: to eliminate all payment inefficiencies, so businesses can focus on what they do best in today’s digital economy.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer who will take a key role on our team. Our UI/UX Designer must be able to identify clients’ needs and behaviors to create products that are intuitive, effective, and impactful.
You’ll be working alongside other engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our platform. As our UI/UX Designer, you will employ best practice in development, security, accessibility, and design to achieve the highest quality of service for our clients. You should be someone innovative, know what’s happening in the digital space, and can take our client’s project to the next level. If you want to work as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team who helps each other solve problems across all functions, please apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using sitemaps and process flows
- Design graphics and user interfaces elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g responsiveness)
- Coordinate user testing, communicate findings and incorporate iteratively into the design
- Design UI/UX at multiple touch points of the product’s timeline (across mobile and web)
- Deliver on a user experience vision, together with a plan for the product’s evolution that includes interactive updates, establish guidelines that serve as a foundation for creating cohesive experiences
- Conduct research and apply design thinking skills across a variety of environments to challenge the status and help translate business challenges into innovative outcomes and digital solutions
- Taking research insights and turning them into service and design output using service-design blueprints, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Work closely with engineering as your project is being developed, delivering any necessary annotations/design specs
- Work closely with brand/marketing/creative team as the product needs to convey and deliver brand voices and characters
- 5+ years of relevant experience in designing user experiences and building products, experience in a startup, tech company and/or agile environment a plus
- Relevant undergraduate degree and/or financial services experience a plus
- A portfolio showing responsive websites, especially those featuring sign up and application user flows
- Familiarity with our back office stack: Google Drive, Trello, Slack
- A familiarity of industry-standard design tools (Adobe, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Solid understanding of design best practices and current design frameworks
- Passion and creativity for a human-centered approach to design
- Someone who cares about their practice and brings passion to every project
- An egoless learner who is open-minded and proactive
- Possesses a collaborative, team-focused working style, and is an excellent communicator
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of the fintech and payments industry is considered an asset
- Experience is designing marketing and sales assets is considered an asset
- CAD Month
- Address 1055 Dunsmuir St, Vancouver, British Columbia V7X, Canada