Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
Are you someone who cares about the well-being of others? Be the one driving change.
Want to change people’s lives for the better? Now you can. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years’ experience. We provide laboratory testing services, which help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. Our sense of accountability is what drives us to deliver the highest quality in lab services. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Casual Courier to provide specimen transport for physicians and other healthcare providers in Victoria, BC.
Causal employees are scheduled to work as required by the operation and will work anywhere from 0 to 37.5 hours weekly, Monday through Sunday. Some shifts may be pre-assigned and other shifts will be considered ‘on call’ (i.e. coordinated with Scheduling on day of). Employees are required to complete a Casual Availability Form each year and commit to provide ongoing availability that meets operational needs.
As a Courier, you will be the LifeLabs brand ambassador on the road, demonstrating the important service LifeLabs provides to the community while maintaining our established reputation.
In this role, you will:
- Safely transport specimens in a timely manner to preserve specimen integrity, while ensuring a high level of maturity, customer service, and accountability in various driving conditions, rural or urban areas, during daytime and evening hours.
- Represent the LifeLabs brand with professionalism and integrity by providing a positive experience at every touch point.
- Utilize LifeLabs technology to access and complete on-line readings and training, read emails and complete timecards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by handling all situations with professionalism.
The right person for this role will be effective in a fast-paced environment while managing physical demands such as lifting or maneuvering up to 50 pounds. Some key qualities include: responsible, professional and reliable. Other requirements include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A full valid driver’s license and clean driver’s record
- 3 years of driving experience with a full valid license
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work a specified route schedule
- Flexible work hours and availability for sudden shift changes
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence, and can live these values with us every day.
Drive your way to a fulfilling future. Apply today.
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 120 million diagnostic tests for approximately 20 million patient visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
- Image Gallery