Do you want to grow your career in a supportive, collaborative environment that improves your community? Now you can. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Lab Technical Assistant to join our Micro team in Victoria, British Columbia.
As an Lab Technical Assistant you will be responsible for the preparation, setup, and limited test processing of specimens in the laboratory, and help deliver better health outcomes for patients through the delivery of fast and accurate test results. This is a Casual role with flexible shift work suitable for the maintenance of a healthy work/life balance. LifeLabs also offers great opportunities for education and career growth, including fee online courses, coaching and training, and tuition reimbursement for seminars, courses and conferences.
In this role you will:
- Receive, accession, sort and prepare specimens for testing.
- Perform manual and automated testing procedures under the guidance of a Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- Respond to phone inquiries from LifeLabs employees and clients such as hospitals, clinics and physicians.
- Clean, maintain, and operate instruments and other equipment.
- Participate in problem solving in work organization and workflow to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure test quality and personal safety at all times.
The right person for this role is a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced collaborative environment. Some key qualities include: flexibility, adaptability to change, and problem solving skills. Other requirements include:
- High School diploma with courses in post-secondary science or medical terminology.
- Previous laboratory experience an asset.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Good computer skills and knowledge with a minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team, and can live these values with us every day.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery