Company: Coast Capital Savings Federal Credit Union
Location: British Columbia (CA-BC), Help Headquarters
Together, we help empower you to achieve what’s important in your life.
What’s the job?
The Senior Credit Operations Support Specialist acts as a secondary liaison (Primary liaison is Manager Credit Operations Support) with ETS to recommend credit system enhancements; provide supporting analysis, documentation, testing, delivery and support of approved projects. Acts as a senior resource for staff inquiries concerning system related loan and mortgage products, enhancements, problems and fixes.
What you’ll get to do:
- Participate as required on committees in support of large corporate initiatives as they relate to lending systems. (e.g. LOS)
- Acts as a support resource for Users, including ETS, Helpdesk and Corporate Learning for Retail lending systems, enhancements and fixes.
- Assists with the documentation of system enhancements and “bugs”; including enhancements and bugs for Retail Credit legal forms. Ensure that all are tracked at all times in the appropriate X drive folders.
- As directed by the Manager Credit Operations Support, acts as a resource for the ongoing administration of the Retail Credit Score Cards including analysis of data to ensure Cards are kept current compared to emerging trends, market issues and anomalies.
- Develops and maintains position-related documentation (i.e. procedures) for all tasks performed within Credit Operations Support.
- Works closely with ETS Business Analysts and QA Staff to document Retail Loans Business Requirements as they relate to various system projects, fixes, legal forms and ongoing enhancements for both the Banking System and the LOS System. This also includes reviewing ETS Test Scripts to ensure the required Business functions are sufficiently verified.
- As directed by the Manager Credit Operations Support, manage ETS work orders including prioritization of Retail Loans system enhancements and/or fixes.
- Responsible for documenting changes to Retail Credit and Small Business Legal forms as required for compliance with current legislation, policies etc. This includes working closely with ETS to map and tag all forms as required.
- Plays a key role in the quality assurance (testing) of Retail Loans enhancements or fixes for “sign off’ prior to implementation into production.
- Through analysis and testing, assists in identifying and conveying system “bugs” to ETS and Helpdesk.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Retail Loan Policies (keep current on the RLM) as well as various regulatory Acts such as Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act (BPCPA) and The Bank Act to ensure that knowledge is kept current by liaising with the appropriate resource person or materials.
- Provides positive coaching and support to peers and the Credit Operations Support Specialist.
- As directed by the Manager Credit Operations Support, is responsible for accurately maintaining and testing the business rules that are built in to the Loan Origination System for both Consumer and Small Business. Failure to perform this task accurately poses significant risk to CCS if the Business Rules are incorrect providing approvals incorrectly.
- Liaises with outside agencies regarding system inquires related to mortgage and loan products (i.e. Creditor Insurance, Genworth, CMHC, Landcor, Equifax, Transunion etc.)
- Reviews and makes recommendations for system changes (e.g.:Banking System, LOS, etc.) in order to support CCS in achieving corporate goals in retail lending efficiencies, profitability, risk mitigation.
- As directed by the Manager Credit Operations Support, is responsible for accurately maintaining and testing the pricing matrices that are built in to the Loan Origination System for both Consumer and Small Business. Also responsible for maintenance of the Manual Pricing Grids stored on myCoast and The SMART Tools. Failure to perform this task accurately poses significant risk to CCS as the wrong pricing and/or Risk Rating would be assigned to applications.
Who are we looking for?
- High School Diploma/Grade 12.
- Advanced knowledge of the banking system as it relates to Retail Lending.
- Expert level of knowledge of the LOS system including software to maintain Retail and Small Business policy rules.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of Retail Credit Scoring technology as it relates to the Scorecards in use at Coast Capital Savings.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work each day with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills coupled with the ability to work independently with superior time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of CCS Retail loan products and policies as they pertain to loan systems and service providers.
- Proven customer service skills and problem solving abilities.
At Coast Capital, we value diversity, equity and inclusion. We’re not all the same and we like it that way. We don’t just accept differences – we celebrate, support, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our members, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe, the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- CAD Month
- Image Gallery