Requisition ID: 89863
As a cornerstone business within Scotia Wealth Management®, ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on service excellence and trusted investment advice. Our advisors and teams pride themselves on exploring innovative approaches to protecting and growing their clients’ assets.
When you join ScotiaMcLeod, you’ll be empowered to deliver Enriched Thinking®, a unique approach that incorporates your client’s thinking, as well as our thinking, to drive results. You’ll work with a team of specialists to deliver a client-centric approach to wealth management, enabling you to consider all the facets of your client’s life, family and business. With a focus on total wealth planning, and wealth specialists to help you deliver on this unique value proposition, you’ll be enabling clients to see not just the big picture, but all the little ones too.
An integral member of the branch leadership team in a dynamic role assisting the Branch Manager in areas of Advisor Coaching, adoption/delivery of Total Wealth solutions, problem solving, branch sales and marketing initiatives, growth in branch assets/revenue, recruiting, regulatory compliance and oversight.
• Taking a lead role in supporting advisor teams and solving day to day issues
• Assist the Branch Manager in the continued implementation and adoption of our Total Wealth Strategy
• Partner with Branch Manager and Branch Administrator to guide and support staffing in the branch as it relates to Advisor Team’s needs
• With support of the Branch Manager & Regional Director, develop and implement recruitment strategies for the branch that align with our Firm’s growth strategy and culture
• Act as a sounding board for experienced and developing advisors complimented by coaching and providing advice and perspective on all things relevant to the Advisor’s business and growth objectives
• Collaborate with Wealth Specialists and Bank partners to assist Advisor Teams in delivering thoughtful holistic wealth advice resulting in the best possible outcomes for our clients
• Work with Branch Manager and Branch Administrator to maintain a rigorous culture of compliance reflecting regulatory requirements and organizational standards of putting client’s interest first
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
• University Degree and/or 5 years relevant experience in Wealth Management/Financial Services or leadership
• Canadian Securities Course and Conduct & Practices Handbook Examinations
• 2 Years experience as a Registered Representative as required for IIROC registration as a Supervisor
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : West Vancouver
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Address 650 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, Canada