Requisition ID: 89863
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
ScotiaMcLeod is part of the Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of Scotiabank and a division of Scotia Capital Inc. ScotiaMcLeod offers full-service advice and a full spectrum of investment products and services through 750 advisors to over 150,000 households across Canada.
ScotiaMcLeod has earned a reputation for integrity based on our standards of excellence, quality service and a commitment to doing what’s right for our clients.
At ScotiaMcLeod, we pride ourselves on the strong team we have developed to support the Wealth Advisors. In addition to traditional administrative support, we also have a number of licensed roles to assist the advisors with their clients, with their individual marketing, and with the growth and development of their businesses. ScotiaMcLeod provides both internal training as well as financial assistance for external courses to support and encourage career path progression for our employees.
As part of Scotiabank, you will see the many benefits of working for an employer of choice – one that reflects the community and one that attracts and retains talent from diverse backgrounds. We encourage open communication, recognize and reward performance, and provide opportunity for growth. Here you will find a workplace enriched with strong relationships, teamwork, contagious enthusiasm and a “can-do” attitude.
An integral member of the branch leadership team in a dynamic role assisting the Branch Manager in areas of Advisor Coaching, adoption/delivery of Total Wealth solutions, problem solving, branch sales and marketing initiatives, growth in branch assets/revenue, recruiting, regulatory compliance and oversight.
• Taking a lead role in supporting advisor teams and solving day to day issues
• Assist the Branch Manager in the continued implementation and adoption of our Total Wealth Strategy
• Partner with Branch Manager and Branch Administrator to guide and support staffing in the branch as it relates to Advisor Team’s needs
• With support of the Branch Manager & Regional Director, develop and implement recruitment strategies for the branch that align with our Firm’s growth strategy and culture
• Act as a sounding board for experienced and developing advisors complimented by coaching and providing advice and perspective on all things relevant to the Advisor’s business and growth objectives
• Collaborate with Wealth Specialists and Bank partners to assist Advisor Teams in delivering thoughtful holistic wealth advice resulting in the best possible outcomes for our clients
• Work with Branch Manager and Branch Administrator to maintain a rigorous culture of compliance reflecting regulatory requirements and organizational standards of putting client’s interest first
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
• University Degree and/or 5 years relevant experience in Wealth Management/Financial Services or leadership
• Canadian Securities Course and Conduct & Practices Handbook Examinations
• 2 Years experience as a Registered Representative as required for IIROC registration as a Supervisor
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : West Vancouver
ScotiaMcLeod and Scotiabank are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
- CAD Month
- Address 650 W Georgia St, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery