Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Job Classification: Year Round
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Whistler Blackcomb
- Demonstrate our core values: Serve Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, and Have Fun!
- This position is a vital resource for the Maintenance Division overall and will provide support to the maintenance Planning Manager in the day to day activities related to planned maintenance/procedures for the building Maintenance Department.
- Management of planned maintenance, preventative maintenance, and reactive maintenance work backlogs.
- Oversee and coordinate contracted out preventative maintenance inspections and repairs for various services (e.g. fire systems, HVAC, plumbing, etc.)
- Assisting with planning for capital project work, including administering the 5 year capital plan, budgeting and bidding for upcoming projects as well as reporting on projects in progress.
- Administer computerized maintenance management system.
- Compiling and updating PM descriptions & schedules for facilities & equipment.
- Administer work request system.
- Manage supply orders and stage parts for repairs, PM’s, and project work.
- Initiate work orders including estimates for labour, materials & downtime when needed.
- Update equipment records and files (including safety regulations/procedures).
- Evaluate/report on services provided to internal customers to ensure a positive relationship with the maintenance Division.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- B.C. Trade Qualification (relevant to Facilities Maintenance) or equivalent knowledge & experience.
- Familiarity with National Electrical Code, B.C. Building Code, WCB regulations and RMOW development & building permit process.
- Understand commonly accepted repair procedures for Building Maintenance
- Able to read blueprints & structural drawings.
- Able to interpret electrical, structural, and mechanical schematics.
- Familiarity with building systems operation.
- Experience with restaurant equipment would be an asset.
- Basic computer knowledge of spreadsheet & word processing applications (MS Office experience preferred).
- Understand & promote the Planned/Preventative Maintenance process.
- Able to communicate effectively (written & verbal) with Trades, leadership, and internal clients.
- Work well independently & as part of a team.
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of Whistler Blackcomb mountain operations
- Familiarity with CMMS / EAM programs an asset.
- Must posses a valid B.C. driver’s license and provide a current Driver’s Abstract.
- Required to complete a satisfactory criminal record check.
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 230487
- CAD Month
- Address 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C, Canada
- Image Gallery