Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Why you’ll love working in Food & Beverage:
- Best meal benefits
- The world’s best commute to and from our on-mountain locations
- Gain valuable work experience and transferable skills
- Numerous opportunities for career advancement
- Meet great people and make life-long friends!
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure proper storage, handling and rotation of perishable and non-perishable stock.
- Organize and maintain neat, orderly storage of product.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, fridges and garbage areas.
- Assist with garbage and recycling disposal when required.
- Snow removal with a variety of hand tools and machinery.
- Maintains high standards –providing a safe environment for guests and staff in all areas
- Adhere to all operational and safety policies & procedures, ensuring safe, efficient operation of vehicles and equipment
- Ensure that each area is secured and that all keys and codes are controlled.
- To maintain the highest levels of security and to report all incidents regarding theft, equipment abuse, and disregard for any Whistler Blackcomb policies and property and to report any suspicious activities
- Attend all scheduled meetings and training seminars
- Be flexible to perform any duties required of the department and a will abide by all Whistler Blackcomb policies and procedures
- We are a company that works together and throughout the season you may be required to assist other departments as needed.
- Always show up on time, in uniform, and adhere to the grooming policy!
- Drivers: Update vehicle use and maintenance logs; and, liaise with the Fleet Maintenance department in regards to the maintenance of the vehicles.
- Drivers: Responsible for fuel management of said vehicles.
- Demonstrate our core values: Serves Others, Do Right, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe and Have Fun.
- Previous shipping/receiving experience.
- Previous kitchen experience an asset..
- Experience in maintaining par levels, ordering and inventory are assets.
- Previous labor type experience a definite asset
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs in accordance with WorkSafe BC regulations
- Physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions and in varying terrain
- Flexible adaptable approach to all aspects of the job
- Able to organize time effectively without supervision to complete tasks as expected
- Ability to work independently and as part of diverse team
- Good communication skills & independent problem solving skills
- Detail and service-oriented and likes physical work
- Outgoing, friendly, mature and able to work as part of a team inside and outside F&B division.
- Intermediate to advanced ski or snowboard ability
- Mechanical inclination and machinery operating experience are definite assets.
- Proof of clear criminal record check.
- Able to work 4 X 10 hour days – 7:00am – 5:30pm
- A Criminal Background Check
- Willing to sign a confidentiality and security agreement, contract, & Search Agreement
- Drivers: min of 19 years of age and a valid BC Driver's License with a clean driver's abstract
- Steel Toe safety footwear required
- Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- Excellent training and professional development
We’re looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Explore Employment Opportunities with Whistler Blackcomb! www.vailresortscareers.com/whistlerblackcomb
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 260648
- CAD Month
- Address 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C, Canada
- Image Gallery