Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Senior Analyst, Employee Relations
The Senior Analyst: Employee Relationsworks todeliver consultation, facilitation and resolutionstrategiesfor workplace issues raised by employees or people managers. The role assists in communications between employees and people managers, works with the business to deliver corrective action and planning, disciplinary actions, and/or explanation and clarification of Company policies and proceduresas ascalable and efficient HR Service. As a member of the Employee Relations Community of Expertise, the Senior Analyst: Employee Relationswill take a data-driven approach to driving improvements to the employee experience that build healthy, long-term relationships between the Company and employees and reduce people-related risk.
- Provide employees and people leaders with support and guidance to address their concerns in areas including teamwork, communication, and leadership.
- Identify and analyze employee relations matters and recommend appropriate employment action to maintain continuity of approach, achieve optimal performance, and minimizerisk.
- Deliver consistent, highquality decisions and counselto managers and employees in ER focus areas including performance management and discipline, employee workplace or policy concerns, staff reorganizations and reductions, unemployment compensation, background check dispositions, workplace accommodations and fitness for duty processes.
- Assist with the interpretation of Company policies and other relevant employment and immigration laws and respond to inquiries and concerns.
- Partner with people managers on the development of corrective action and implementation of performance improvement plans.
- Use data to monitor employee relations activity and partner withHR Business Partners, COEs and/or Legal to develop proactive employee relations responses and programs.
- Maintain thorough ER case documentationand uphold experience level agreements.
- Review background check discrepancies and make hiring decision based on individualized candidate assessment.
- Provide region-specific ER trend intelligence to the businessand HR Business Partners and partner on regional strategies.
- Coordinatewith HR Business Partners and people leaders regarding employee-related aspects of involuntary terminations such as termination for cause, job eliminations, and separations. This includes employee documentation preparation, notifications, tracking of termination documentation and related reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or related field, or equivalent professional work experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience accurately interpreting and applying employment policies and procedures ina large, complex organization
- Strong issue spotting and analytical skills to enable intake of ER issues and cases, and calibrate/elevate as needed
- Ability to analyze and synthesize key insights gleaned from ER data and analytics
- Strong ability to build relationship across stakeholders to drive the ER strategy
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities, partners and work streams
- Strong facilitation and business partnership skills
- Effective communicator
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Ability to conduct effective HR investigations
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 260927
- CAD Month
- Address 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, B.C, Canada
- Image Gallery