Deputy Corporate Officer
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The Deputy Corporate Officer is senior administrative position within Corporate Administration Department which involves a wide range of responsibilities carried out under tight deadlines and requiring a high level of accuracy. The responsibilities of this position include assisting in the organization of the statutory duties and administrative tasks as set out in the Community Charter and Local Government Act and in the conduct of municipal elections. Records Management forms part of this position’s duties including researching, preparing, recording, filing and retrieval of documents and implementing the City’s new records management program. The Deputy Corporate Officer is also responsible for attending Council and Standing Committee meetings, operating equipment for live-streaming, recording meeting proceedings, preparing a variety of documents including agendas for Council and Standing Committee meetings, taking minutes, resolutions and this position may act as a team lead as assigned on a variety of projects, assignments or training. Required skills and qualifications include:
- Solid municipal experience in an administrative role and either a diploma/degree in public administration or progression towards the possession of an Intermediate Certificate in Local Government, or certification as a Municipal Clerk (CMC);
- Substantial knowledge of principles and practices of the Clerk’s office, including agenda management and preparation, records management, bylaws and the legislative process;
- Considerable knowledge of the Community Charter, Local Government Act, Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, City Bylaws, statutes and other relevant legislation, regulations and policies;
- Experience with records management planning, implementation and training;
- Ability to access and analyze data, draw conclusions and problem solve and understand complex situations;
- Ability to take meeting minutes and advise on meeting procedure; will have an understanding of Robert's Rules of Order
- Strong written, communications and proofreading skills with an ability to organize, compile, and maintain complex and extensive records and prepare reports, correspondence, procedures and other written materials;
- Excellent customer service skills and possess the ability to establish effective working relationships with elected officials and work collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organization using discretion and good judgment in difficult and sensitive situations;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel and PowerPoint, and experience with records software and in regard to electronically held meetings (TEAMS platform).
- Ability to work outside of standard office hours (evenings and weekends), as required.
In return for your valued contributions, you can expect a competitive compensation package, professional development support and the opportunity to work with an outstanding team. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this position and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to apply. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and all required documents for consideration by the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 4:30 pm, Wednesday, November 25, 2020
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted.
- CAD Month
- Address 15322 Buena Vista Avenue White Rock, BC, Canada
- Image Gallery