CASUAL – PSYCHIATRIC NURSE/REGISTERED NURSE/LPN
Buena Vista Lodge is a 24-hour Care community-based Facility, housing 12 persons with chronic and persistent mental illness. The current age demographic is 30-80 years of age. The needs of the group are diverse and include a wide range of both mental illness and physical illness. Buena Vista Lodges mission is to provide a holistic approach while using the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Model of Care.
REPORTS TO: MOF AND MOC
Job Title: Psychiatric Nurse/Registered Nurse/LPN
Reports to: Facility Manager/Owner & Manager of Care
Reporting to the Manager of Care and the Manager of Facility, the Psychiatric Nurse/Registered Nurse /LPN provides care consistent with the nursing process and standards of care to Mental Health residents as held by the BC College of Nursing Professional.
- Regularly work with residents to renew resident recovery plan: identify resident’s goals and strengths, formulate interventions, evaluate outcomes, and modify plans as needed.
- Assess, plan, and coordinate services required by the resident and family.
- Provide emergency care for a resident by transferring to the hospital if needed.
- Notify/consult with physician, management, mental health liaison, and relatives when there is a need for concern and/or emergent situations. Provide education and support to residents and families as needed.
- Maintain accurate up-to-date resident files and ensure confidentiality.
- Ensure resident safety and well-being at all time. Observe and remove hazards, apply infection control techniques.
- Improve and enhance the workplace by providing leadership and respond to queries in a timely manner .
- Ensure the standards of nursing practice are maintained by monitoring resident care needs and by reporting resident/staffing equipment and administrative concerns.
- Report all incidents to the Manager of Care and/or Facility Manager.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of facility’s policies and procedures and ensure adherence to same by all concerned.
- Seek assistance from the Manager of Care as necessary in solving clinical and/or management problems.
- Provided nursing care in accordance with established polices, physician orders, the residents personalized recovery plan, within the scope of nursing practice within the governing body.
- Utilize sound judgement in nursing practice and providing the best care.
- Have a desire to attain knowledge through the job training, attending job specific workshops and training programs.
- Currently practicing BCCNP, CPR, and First Aide Certificates
- Two years’ experience in mental health is preferred
- Broad knowledge of psychiatric medications preferred
- Knowledge, understanding and desire to work with residents using the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Model of Care.
- Characteristics and Suitability
- Demonstrates genuine concerns and interest in providing optimal care and safety to people with psychiatric disorders
- Possesses the temperament, competence that will respect the dignity and individuality of the residents.
- Ability to work independently, possess leadership skills and as a cohesive member of the team.
- Ability to manage priorities, perform under stress, and cope effectively with emergencies.
- Strong conflict management, problem solving, and critical thinking skills an assets.
- Ability to identify learning needs and provide education as needed.
- Physical ability to perform all required duties safely.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be flexible and perform non-related duties (such as house cleaning, meal prep, etc.
CLOSING DATE: October 30th, 2020
Please forward resume and cover letter via email to:
Meetu Achari – MOF and Kathleen Wrinskelle –MOC
- Compensation none CAD none Month
- Address 15109 Buena Vista Ave, White Rock, British Columbia V4B 1Y2, Canada